An insurance company Call center employs 275 staff. They have recently expanded and as
a result need to move to a new building. A building has been identified but has no network..
This means that before they can make the move a whole, new network service needs to be
designed and implemented in the new building. See building map file for further details.
The organisation has the following requirements for their new network: -
• That the service be available between the hours 8am and 6pm
• That the service provides 99% availability during these times
• That the network is secure and has an internet connection
• That the network provides a reliable service
• The network should provide high performance for the end users
• The new network should have sufficient capacity to support the business for 5 years.
As a key member of the Networks Team you have been tasked to design a network for the
new building. At this stage a logical design is required which shows the measures that you
would put in place to ensure that the new network meets the current business need and is
• A diagrammatic representation of the logical design professionally produced using an
appropriate tool e.g. Visio
• A report (approx. 2000 words) providing documentation for the design including a
o The design you have developed for this scenario including the hardware,
topologies, protocols and software choices you have made
o The security issues you have identified and what processes and policies can
be used to mitigate the risks
o The ethical and legal issues that need to be considered in network design and
This project is for a students university assignment