**Build a custom Umbuntu Linux .**
I am looking for someone to build and maintain a custom Unbuntu Linux live CD.
The boot CD should run at system boot up. It will then mount the disk (s) in read only mode and all disks and partitions should be available via a smb share on a pre agreed IP address.
It should then display a screen showing all information on disks and partitions available. The person should then be able to connect remotely via TCP/IP to any disk and browse the contents.
It will detect and load drivers for the network card / RAID / SATA and any hardware neede to correctly mount and share the disk(s)
I would want my logo's inserted and displayed on the disk information screen.
I want removed packages such ase Open Office/ Firefox / Gnome / Media Players/ IM Clients.
The CD should be bare bones and only focused on detecting hardware and mounting the disk (s).
**Boot CD should contain at a minium:**
(1) the Linux kernel
(2) network card detector (as many network cards as possible)
(3) RAID / SATA / USB / drivers
(4) ntfs driver for detecting and mounting the drives
(5) samba server to share the mounted drives (and disks) to share
(6) Automated Image & Restore (AIR) [url removed, login to view]
(7) USB mounting GUI (it would manage this process as an example <[url removed, login to view]> as an example. I have been told you also need to HParm the USB external HDD to increase the dd speed.)
Please pm me for more detailed information on the project and settings
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Linux Unbuntu 7.10 desktop