We require the necessary research and a high standard report in to the use of wood in the UK construction industry.
We would need to identify, who are the main players in the wood construction value chain in the UK. Also, to identify any institutional investors investing in wood construction in the UK.
The content of a report should answer all of following questions :
- Basic figures of construction sector in UK, new building and renovation share.
- UK industrial wood construction market, volume, trends and growth estimation for 5-10 years ahead, share of wood construction, wood in renovation and infill construction.
- Description of the value chain in industrial wood construction (industrial wood construction refers to prefabricated elements used in construction, mainly in high rise and other large public buildings like senior homes, day care, schools etc. where wood as material in competing with concrete and steel)
- Something about the main wood building systems, like CLT, LVL etc.
- Main companies: local companies (partners), foreign companies active in the market providing components, pre-fabricated elements and modules for wood building, developers and investors (our main interest). Construction companies specialized in wood construction and their role in the market.
- Regulation effecting wood construction, fire safety etc. and development in coming years
The project duration is likely to be 3-4 weeks from commission. You will be expected to submit interim reports on a weekly basis to allow us to a)Quality control and b) provide feedback and guidance.
Completion by early Dec, the contract will be awarded by 07/11/16.
With your proposal please submit your CV, include details of any relevant projects that you have completed and tell us why you are the best person for the role.
We work with freelancers on a regular basis and have a constant and ever increasing pipeline of work. This is a real opportunity for a professional and capable researcher to build a relationship that could deliver a constant work stream.