Hello! We are seeking a bookkeeper/registered accountant with financial management expertise and expertise in Xero. We are an established business that has recently changed our structure to operate as a non-profit charity and due to rapid growth we are in need of financial management systems advice and urgent help setting up Xero.
Xero has been partially set up for us including Xero Projects, Xero Me and HubDoc but it isn't really working for tracking staff time and expenses against project budgets as we'd hoped - we are new to Xero and learning as we go but need some expert help.
We'd prefer to keep going with Xero because we've invested in setting it up rather than switching to a new system but we are unsure if we are asking too much of Xero for tracking projects, or if it just needs some tweaking so are open to other solutions.
- Registered accountant or bookkeeper
- Experience in medium-business and non-profit finances
- Xero expertise, knowing what Xero and apps/integrations can and can't do, and how to set it up for project management, expense tracking and staff-time linked to individual project budgets and payroll/entitlements.
- Experience with medium-sized non-profit business management including complex project tracking, financials, and tracking expenses (including chargeable and non-chargeable staff time) to specific project budgets and overheads.
- Experience working in non-profits, grant administration
- Look at our business and reporting needs and set up Xero and app integrations to support our needs.
- Reporting needs include standard EOFY reporting but also efficiency and expenses tracking of individual projects (e.g. for grant reporting, and operational transparency), and by activity across projects (e.g. admin, reporting, contractor fees), and profit/loss by income source types (e.g. grants, donations and consultancy).
- To help with this we'd love a system that can ideally track every expense (e.g. fuel, materials, contractor fees) and staff time (chargeable and non-chargeable, with different rates), to a specific project or overhead category.
What we need:
- Advice and someone to set up Xero so it works for us, we are not particularly tech savvy and have a number of field-based staff who would ideally use mobile apps only for timesheets and submitting expense receipts.
- Teach two staff how to work new system.
Timesheets and expenses:
- Staff can enter their own timesheets from a mobile app (with option for admin staff to use desktop) allocating all time worked as charge-able or non-chargeable to individual projects (approx 30 projects),
- Timesheets feed through to payroll so staff entitlements including overnight allowances where incurred and TOIL/entitlements are accounted for so timesheets are entered once.
- Field staff can easily submit expense receipts linked to project budgets via mobile app.
- Ideally we'd love someone who is willing and comfortable to work with us at our home office in central Victoria asap for ongoing work as a bookkeeper fortnightly/monthly and available at other times by phone.
- OR two people if you have the skills in systems and setup we would be open to someone to do the initial set up, and training for us to get up to speed online, and then a central vic bookkeeper for ongoing work