Please only bid if you’re able to do the job as described below.
This is the first simple project. If this project is done well, there will be many opportunities for future jobs.
I am looking for someone to scrape data from a few universities. For each university I would like:
* A unique list of all courses codes and corresponding course titles from that university
* A unique list of all professors' first and last names and corresponding departments from the university
We have found that this can be done in 3 ways (depending on how each university is displaying their data, one way or another may be easier).
1. In your language of preference, write a script that will systematically interpret the necessary webpages and output a comma separated value file which can then be imported into the excel spreadsheet format. The same script could be reused to loop through every single department in the school.
2. Copy and paste entire tables from the necessary webpages directly into excel and use some of excel`s data processing functions to get the data in the right format. For schools where each department has a different layout, this method is faster than writing a new script for each department.
3. In some cases, even copying and pasting into excel may not work, and the most efficient way to get the data is by manually typing from the webpage.
I will provide the universities and you will need to extract this data and provide it in an excel spreadsheet (I will provide a template, example is attached).
Simple project to begin immediately, good work will lead to an ongoing relationship for potential future projects.
Thanks for looking.
48 Freelancer bieten im Durchschnitt $51 für diesen Job
Hi Vlee, I've scraped a lot of sites to Excel directly. So I'm ready for your project. I can start right now. Good luck with your project. Sincerely, Cainech