We are looking for someone to design, curate, and build a set of courses to prepare our students in Data Analytics roles at our corporate partners.
Year Up is a national nonprofit organization that enables low income young adults to move from poverty to professional careers in one year. Year Up seeks to close the Opportunity Divide—the gap between those who have the motivation to be successful but lack access to the resources that would enable them to do so, and Fortune 1000 companies who are facing sizable human capital needs and lack access to a viable pool of talent to fill job vacancies. Our mission is to close this divide by providing young adults with the skills, education, experience, and support that will empower them to reach their potential through professional careers and higher education.
• Curate, organize, and prioritize existing curriculum, lesson plans into comprehensive courses
• Conduct review of existing curriculum and a training gap analysis to identify opportunities to add to the students’ preparedness for internship
• Translate and organize required knowledge, skill, and competencies into learning objectives, syllabi, activities, lesson plans, and assignments for students to learn following adult learning theory
• Consult with internal customers and subject matter experts to understand existing content delivery, curricula, and best practices for student understanding
• Build the courses in our Learning Management System
• Experience in applying adult learning theory in material development.
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
• Strong lesson and curriculum planning skills
• Proven working experience in instructional and curriculum design
• Working experience and/or teaching experience in database management systems; working knowledge of relational databases
• Working knowledge of visualization tools such as Tableau and/or PowerBI a plus
• Experience working on a Business Intelligence team or using data to inform business decisions a plus