This position is for a Full-stack Web Developer to work on a large MERN project. The project is due to be completed in three months and will be extended if necessary. As Developer/Engineer you will be responsible for all new features development to enable expansion of the platform.
You will also be responsible for maintenance of the existing features which are currently available on the platform.
- Understand the platform and how it works from a user-perspective
- Be able to test functionality independently as well as in collaboration with other engineers on the project
- Be able to design and implement new features required by the company based on provided specifications. You should follow industry best practices while building new features.
- Maintain existing features of the platform. This includes identifying bugs, fixing them and deploying fixes to production environments.
- You will also be responsible for identifying performance issues and suggest improvements to resolve those issues. This also includes fixing bugs in third party libraries used by the platform. - Any time spent on maintaining existing features of the platform will count towards your daily work hours.
- In addition, you will have the opportunity to spend additional time in maintenance activities if you so choose. We do not expect you to spend more than 50% of your time doing maintenance activities but we understand that unexpected issues may arise where maintenance tasks are needed.
- We expect that you will communicate any maintenance tasks that you are doing to your manager and the development team so that they can understand how much time you are devoting to maintenance.
- You will work with other engineers on the project as well as with our product owner and end-users in order to gather feedback and iterate on designs of new features and maintain existing features.
- You will work in a highly collaborative environment involving all aspects of software development, including planning, design, implementation and testing.
- There is no need for you to “own” a particular feature or component of the platform. However, you must be able to work independently when necessary and be able to communicate effectively with your teammates (both technical and non-technical) throughout the life cycle of a feature or bugfix.
- It is also important for you to be able to synthesize feedback from multiple sources and use it in your own designs.
- Communicate effectively with your teammate across timezones (Singapore HQ, India).
- You should be comfortable working remotely on daily basis for better communication between team members across different timezones.
Type "MERN" at the top of your proposal to be considered for this.
- Good knowledge in UI/UX design, including wireframing
- Good knowledge of React and its libraries (eg. Ant Design, Styled Components)
- Experience with building large scale applications (eg. 1,000+ users online simultaneously) using NodeJS+MySQL architecture
- Experience with Linux systems and command line tools
- Good knowledge in MVC pattern and software design patterns such as Service Locator, Singleton or any other similar pattern you know
- Experience with automated testing using test frameworks
- Knowledge of application and server security concepts, such as XSS vulnerability, SQL injection vulnerability etc.
- Knowledge of source control management tools like GIT is a plus point for this role
- Please be aware that we are looking for a candidate that can start ASAP.
5 Freelancer bieten im Durchschnitt $7/Stunde für diesen Job
MERN Hello, I am expert with 4+ year of exp. with MERN Full-stack Web Developer. Working with NodeJS+MySQL architecture. Can we quick chat or interview ? I am waiting for your revert. Thanks