STOP. It is imperative that you read this entire post before sending any messages to the employer.
The entirety of this agreement is in the attached [login to view URL] file. The first 3,000 characters are included below for reference.
We are looking for full-stack developers. Experience with any of the following is a plus: Python, AWS, DynamoDB, API Gateway, Lambda, Elasticsearch, single-page applications (SPA). This first project is a limited engagement to see if you are a good fit for the team. For this project, you will build a very simple website that is a dashboard for some metrics we produce. Your successful completion of this project will start you on a trial period with our team of up to 45 days.
NOTE: This project description is a lot to read and we don't want to waste anyone's time. If you like, you can post a proposal stating that you would like to determine your hourly rate first so that we don't waste your time. We highly recommend this path if you are requesting a rate above $12.50/hr.
1. Your deliverable must be a single file named "[login to view URL]".
2. This is how your deliverable will be used:
- Our automated build system will extract your deliverable file to "/usr/local/src" on a fresh server instance that exactly matches your assigned server.
- Our automated build system will run "/usr/local/src/[login to view URL]". Make sure your deliverable includes this file.
- [login to view URL] will run with root privileges. (So don't "sudo" inside it.)
- Do not assume any specific starting directory when [login to view URL] is executed.
3. Your deliverable is only correct if the following is true after our automated build system runs:
a. A web page is served using Apache when we browse to the server's IP. (E.g., [login to view URL])
i. This web page should be titled "Team42 Monitoring".
ii. This web page should query a web service:
1. [login to view URL]
2. The web service will respond with a JSON object with 2 values:
3. This page should display these 2 values on the page with large, attractive formatting. No charts or graphs necessary, just the number (unless you want to prove that you are a top-notch UI designer).
4. This page should re-query the web service every 5 seconds and automatically refresh the numbers.
5. This page should display dashes (--) if the web service is down. I.e., don't error, don't display "0".
5. For major technologies/languages, please stick to the following (i.e., no php, ruby, c#, c/c++, etc.). If you would like to use something else, ask before you submit a bid and we will let you know if your technology choice is acceptable.
b. jquery, node, angular, react
6. Your deliverable must be your original work.
1. Only bid...
*** Freelancer truncates this field. Refer to the attached [login to view URL] for the remainder of the project description.