We need someone to improve our software development and IT operations process by employing a modern Continuous Integration/Continuous Development (CI/CD) solution. We are a virtual development team using PC’s running LAMP stack packages on Windows, Linux and MacOSX. The web application uses the CakePHP framework with libraries for photos an PDF generation. The staging and production servers are remotely hosted dedicated servers running Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP. The staging server runs git pull every few minutes via cron. The production server gets updated via manual git pull. The database is on a separate database server. Jira and Bitbucket are used to manage issues and source control.
1. Some bugs do not occur in all environments due to differences in configuration.
2. Most tests are repetitive and time-intensive which are prone to mistakes.
3. Deploying to production takes over an hour due to the increasing number of test cases.
4. Previously fixed issues may be reintroduced but unable to be detected by current tests.
1. Improve the overall speed and reliability of deployments by at least 10%.
2. Have the ability to automatically test for a list of bugs we have selected.
3. Isolate and secure internal data and guarantee the integrity of the site.
4. Have the option to queue issues for manual deployment.
5. Have satisfactory documentation of instructions and maintenance.
I have attached a more detailed PDF of the requirements. Please submit your questions to prepare your proposal which should include:
1. Solutions for each challenge.
2. Time frames and milestones for a phased implementation.
3. A list of items required from our end during the project.