The preference for this software is a web based application. ? A desktop application would also be considered.
Currently the Fish and Game Forecaster is produced by 2 Cobol programs. This process needs to be modernized where the program owner can easily request the material to be generated.
Output from the application includes:
1. a book ready to be sent to a printer. ? A sample page from the book can be seen at? <[url removed, login to view]>The book contains one years worth of data.
2. Graphs as can be seen in the above sample that are delivered via to web to subscribers using either a web browser or mobile phone application.
3. Graphs that will be used for display on TV.
The source data includes a number of proprietary formulas that need to be translated from the cobol source code, as well as other information that will be provided in a ready to use format.
1. The program owner will be able to enter a start date and end date? and a few other factors that are required as formula inputs;? and the book (item 1. above) will be produced on demand.
2. The program owner will be able to enter a start date and end date and graphics suitable for television will be produced. ? Ideally these graphics will contain some animation. ? We will have sample output available to bidders.
3. Customers that subscribe to the television feed, also receive the web feed. ? currently, customers place some java script on their web site and are able to display a weeks worth of images at a time. ? Source images are fed from our servers.
4. mobile phone applications rely on graphs stored on our servers.
- it is not necessary that graphs be generated at the time they are requested for items 2-4 above. ? Graphs may be generated on an annual basis when item 1 above is completed and stored after that.
A statement about the graphics and how they are generated is in the attached word doc. ? This not a strict specification but a starting point so that you can understand the requirements and propose a strategy to handle the various outputs. ? Currently, only the curve and the background seen in the book is generated by the program. ? the rest of the graphics are done by a designer.
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Wednesday Jul 7, 2010 9:05:34 PM:
Thank you for bidding on this project. Please note that a file explaining the current graphics processing has been added to the project spec. This should be a starting point for determining the best way to handle the graphic output. If you have further questions, write them or we can have a call if necessary.