Rate products from an Amazon feed, store in MYSQL database
SUMMARY OF STAGE 1
Simple program to allow users to rate amazon products supplied from an Amazon Web Services feed (requires SOAP or XML knowledge), and store their ratings in a MYSQL database for later use. This quote is to handle two product categories only (e.g. Magazines), with ability to extend to more.
Only functional web design is required, as a graphic designer will polish everything at the end.
a) Populate dropdown boxes with Amazon feed.
b) Display stars rating graphic (as Amazon does at [url removed, login to view])]
c) Create login account and send confirmation email to member
d) Store product ratings in our database.
e) repeat a) to d) for a second product category (e.g. dvd players)
See <[url removed, login to view]>
Please see <[url removed, login to view]>
REQUIRED FOR BID
Please answer the following questions in your bid:
1) For Amazon feed, would you use any hacks from <[url removed, login to view]> to save time, or use your own existing modules, or write from scratch?
2) Would you want to build our own database once a week from Amazon's feed (cache), and use that day to day, or just use Amazon live?
3) Please say something which shows me that you a) fully understand the project and b) have seen the mockup page.
4) Please provide breakdown of quote by a) b) c) d) and e) separately.
Thanks very much,
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Windows 2000, and all 4.0 versions of IE and Netscape