INFORMATION SYSTEMS PROJECT MANAGEMENT
Report and Presentation
outcomes covered form the Report and Presentation
• Plan, monitor and control small scale projects in areas of familiar technology.
• Determine the resource requirements of projects in a range of areas.
• Select and make use of appropriate software and approaches for project management functions and estimate effort using modelling techniques.
• Categorize and comprehend various levels of software reuse.
• Explain the principles of software quality assurance and metrics
• Evaluate the main themes of business process re-engineering.
Project management is the application of knowledge, skills and tools and techniques to achieve the project objectives.
A project is a unique, temporary endeavor, undertaken to achieve planned objectives, which can be defined in terms of outputs, outcomes or benefits. A project is usually believed to be a success if it achieves the objectives according to their recognized criteria, within an agreed time period and budget.
Information system projects are separate to business-as-usual activities, requiring people to come together temporarily to focus on specific project objectives.
Project management is concerned with managing separate packages of work to achieve project objectives. The way the work is managed depends upon a wide variety of factors including human and technology factors.
Project objectives may be expressed in terms of outputs (such as a new Information System), outcomes (such as disseminating management reports), benefits (such as quick decision making in the organization).
01. required to select a suitable software development project to be implemented in a selected context/ organization. (It is recommended to select a real project from the industry)
a) Critically discuss the problem statement of the project and different methodologies to solve it.
b) Critically discuss the Business Process Re-Engineering using several case studies and its impact to the business process of the above selected organization.
c) Critically discuss the strategy/goals to implement an information system. Apply SWOT, PESTEL and Porter’s competitive forces model.
d) Analyse stakeholders of the project and prepare the stakeholder analysis report.
e) To discuss the feasibility (numerical and non-numerical) of implementing the above project.
f) Prepare a project charter to initiate the project
g) Prepare a detailed project plan for the selected pilot project including the following. Each section needs to be critically discuss
• Scope of the project and change control process.
• Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
• Cost and Time estimates and the techniques used
• Gantt Chart/ Resource sheet/ Critical path
• Project technical infrastructure (source control system, document management system, coding standards, build servers, Project management tools, etc.)
• The reusable strategy used in the project.
• Human resource management in the above selected project
o Team model
o Talent acquisition
o Training plan
o Talent retention plan
• Quality strategy in the above selected project
o Steps taken to assure quality
o Quality control plan(internal and external)
o Quality matrices/reports in the project
o Tools used
• Risk management in the above selected project
o Identify risks(including technical risks)
o Prioritized risk list
o Mitigation plan
o Risk escalation plan
o Tools used
• Plan to continuously improve during the project life cycle
using power point format with maximum of 15 slides and duration of the presentation is 20 minutes.
5000 word Report & 20 minut presentation
8 Freelancer bietetn im Durchschnitt $161 für diesen Job an
Hi i am an experienced writer. I can assure you the best Business report on Information system management. Please award me so that i should start right away. Kind regards.....