Needs to hire 20 Freelancers
We are looking for 30+ Proof Readers for a long term engagement. Hours are flexible but you are required to work at least 20 hours per week, preferably more.
We will be comparing scanned text (OCR) to the original and repairing any errors that have been introduced.
* Comparing scanned text to original copies to remove errors
* Proof reading titles and authors for spelling or grammar issues, etc
* Uploading completed work to a cloud storage system
Each entry is checked by a supervisor. If your work contains errors, you will be notified of the error reason and expected to apply this information moving forward.
* Knowledge of proper English spelling and grammar
* Great attention to detail
* Able to balance accuracy and speed when entering data
* Decent internet connection to download large files
* Basic use of Google Drive
* Ability to use Microsoft Office Word at proficient level
* Gmail email address
The rate starts at $3.50/hour for this role with opportunities for advancement for TOP performers (unfortunately, we are not open to negotiations).
There will be opportunities for promotion and rate increases for TOP performers.
Proposal and profile pre-screening > A very brief test project > Decision
Successful applicants will receive training and online support throughout the entire process
Please write “Proofreader” at the top of your proposal or cover letter, along with the answers to the following questions:
1. Do you meet all the requirements for the role? Please explain (* Knowledge of proper English spelling and grammar * Great attention to detail * Able to balance accuracy and speed * Good internet connection *)
2. The rate starts at $3.50/hour for this role with opportunities for advancement for TOP performers. Are you amenable to this rate? (unfortunately, we are not open to negotiations).
3. We are looking for someone who is available to work at 20 hours or preferably more. How many hours per week can you commit for this role?
4. Have you worked on a project similar to this before? Do you know how to use Microsoft Word at proficient level and Google Drive?
Bids that don't contain the answers to these questions will be disregarded.