Project Topic and Scope
select a consumer product that has at least 10 parts, obtain all relevant information regarding its manufacturing, assembly and recycling phases, and, based on your findings, propose possible options through which the product design can be improved. Improvements include manufacturing, assembly and recycling practices that require fewer resources, have reduced handling time, are more efficient during the life cycle of the product.
The following steps are recommended (but not all are necessarily required, and other steps can be included where relevant):
• Develop a specific statement of the project objective and scope.
• Carry the necessary research to understand and describe the selected consumer product and associated processes involved in manufacturing and assembling its components as well as current practices in its recycling.
• Perform an analysis of the system. In this step, it is recommended that you perform material, water and/or energy flow analyses where needed.
• Find and propose at least three possible options through which the product can be improved. Improvements include manufacturing, assembly and recycling practices that require fewer resources, have reduced handling time, are more efficient during the life cycle of the product. Your analysis may be categorized based on at least four design MANE4380U Design and Research Project 2 factors, each targeting a specific issue that is caused by or affects the characteristics of the product.
1. Design factors include o Design for manufacturing (DfM) o
2. Design for assembly (DfA) o Design for Serviceability (DfS) o
3. Design for reliability (DfR) o
4. Design for environment (DfE)
• It is recommended that you analyze cost as well.
• Compare the results with those for the original product design.
• Discuss the results and findings, and verify and validate the results.
• Draw conclusions, and make recommendations regarding what actions you recommend based on your project results.
Throughout the project and in the project report:
• Make reasonable and appropriate assumptions and approximations.
• List properties, data, etc. utilized and/or assumed.
• Use relevant software (e.g., Sustainable Minds, EES, etc) to assist where appropriate and useful.
The design and research project is expected to involve original analysis and thought, and the group is encouraged to be creative. It’s expected to utilize appropriate information sources as required, possibly including books, journals, conference proceedings, reports, direct communications with relevant experts (from industry, academia, government, etc.), and the internet. Also, should utilize other knowledge and skills they have acquired though this course and others taken previously.
The project report should be of professional quality, and is to be limited to about 4000 words.
Make sure to be covered.
• Design and research ideas and creativity, accuracy and completeness of ideas and analysis details, logic and justification for design and research ideas.
• Clarity and ability to be understood ( clarity, conciseness, lack of confusion and ambiguity, use of language (grammar, spelling, etc.).
• Style and professionalism : professional appearance, organization and structure (title, sections, etc.).
6 Freelancer bieten im Durchschnitt $98 für diesen Job
Hi, I am interested to work on this project. This would be great if you please consider my application. I will ensure on time delivery and 100% accuracy. Thanks, Moazzam